It is possible to become more comfortable in your own skin. This 8 week introductory course will help you to move better to feel better, breathe better to stand better and stand better to move better.
- Develop effective recovery strategies to stress.
- Learn the cultural forces that influence emotion and posture.
- Understand how meditation, stretching and breathing relate to relaxation.
- Establish daily mind-body routine to improve fitness and gain core strength.
- Improved muscle tone and range of motion.
Class duration: 1 hour. 8 weekly classes. 8 total class hours.
Class format: Small group 60% lecture and 40% practicum. This material is also offered as a self paced online course.
Class size: Minimum 8 adult participants. Maximum is 18. This class will not be held with less than 8 participants.
Prerequisites: None, anyone can attend.
More on the "UnCarved Block":
If you were to meet someone who understands great plainness, who subscribes to nonaction and [復朴] returns to the simplicity of the unhewn log, who embodies his nature and embraces his spirit, so as to wander through the common world, you would really be surprised!" (Zhuangzi - 12, tr. Mair 1994:112-113)