Students explore the cultural context of Chinese esoteric practice and learn to view such practices as systems of lifelong self-cultivation. This approach leads to richer and more effective training experiences.
Academic topics include:
- Taoism, Tai Chi principles, Tai Chi Chuan & Internal Martial Arts
- Chinese history and religion before Taoism and I Ching
- Taoist readings
- Taoist and Buddhist readings from Art and Poetry
- Tai Chi Martial Classics, Lineages and Practice
- Comparisons with Western thought and physical culture
Authentic Mind-Body practice includes:
- Seated meditation
- Standing meditation
- Neigong (Qigong)
Each class consists of 20 minutes of academic lecture, 20 minutes of group discussion and 20 minutes of Mind-Body practice. Weekly home readings are assigned. Prequisites: none.
SENIORS: This class is eligible for a 30% seniors 55+ discount. Simply enter '55+30' in the coupon box.