Strength & Power are terms used to describe the capacity to have an effect or perform work. Physical strength can be distinguished from Strength of Materials. In our training, Structure is the best word to understand power generation. The tensegrity model and anatomy trains provide valid physiological context. Benefits of cultivating and refining ones structure can include:
- Balance - Refined awareness of the alignment with gravity results in exquisite balance.
- Endurance - Awareness of one's structure when moving results in greatly improved use of self. An efficient movement uses less energy.
- Pain relief - Better structure means the body can move naturally and drop unnecessary habitual tensions.
- Profound Relaxation - This is a state of relaxation as your baseline condition, rather than an exceptional, fleeting, or occasional feeling.
- Resiliency - Injuries are lessened as the body is well knitted together.
As one's awareness expands, poor structural habits dissolve away and the body lightens, becoming more transparent to inner and outer forces.